Upper Dublin, Blue Bell and Horsham Real Estate and Homes for Sale in PennsylvaniaHome
Just the word – moving – conjures up images of heavy boxes, lifting furniture, cleaning, expense and headaches. I realize that it takes tremendous effort on an entire family to move. So to help ease your moving experience, consider these tips and helpful resources.
- Put together an “OPEN ME FIRST” box containing all your personal essentials like toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, paper plates, paper cups, paper towels, snacks, instant coffee or tea bags, soap, flashlight, tools (screwdriver, pliers), and any other items your family can’t do without.
- Have this box available so it can be removed first from the moving van.
- Take your old phone book with you just in case you need to contact someone from your from your old community.
- Exchange your contact information with the mover’s foreman in case you need to contact each other.
- Read all moving documents before you sign anything. If you don’t understand something, ask for a clear explanation.
- Note your shipment’s registration number, and keep your Bill of Lading during the move. If you’re moving long distance, it’s possible your household goods and personal belongings could be on a truck with multiple destinations. If this is the case your mover may have to warehouse your furniture and belongings for several days.
- Ask your mover if your goods will remain on the truck until delivered. If they have to be stored, ask if you may inspect the warehouse for security, organization and cleanliness.
- Important – take all your personal documentation (medical records, school records, financial records), medications, address book and phone charger with you for your security and for your convenience.
Your move may be simple or complex, depending on your situation, including how much you own, how far you’re moving, and how many people are moving with you. In any case, it’s a good idea to start with a thorough moving checklistthat covers all the possible bases, including important time frames.
Free moving quotes One two Three Movers
Changing your address U.S. Postal Service
Tax-deductible moving expenses Internal Revenue Service
Contact me anytime for more information about moving to Upper Dublin, Blue Bell, Horsham, Lower Gwynedd, or the surrounding area. Request a FREE relocation package.